Latinx Flint NEWS
By Alondra Rosas Ornelas | Latinx Flint Media
The Latinx Technology & Community Center ‘s Board Chair, Mary Vizcarra, addresses the event audience in providing updates on the state of business and affairs for the organization.
Flint, MI- Latinx Technology and Community Center is looking to fill available positions on the Board of Directors. Serving as a Board Member is a great opportunity to serve the community in Flint and Genesee County. The Board of Directors supports the mission of the Latinx Technology and Community Center (LTCC) and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance for the organization.
The day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate should have a passion to improve the lives of the community served. They should have a strong professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, community development, and/or the nonprofit sector. It is preferred that the candidate be bilingual as well as having a commitment to and understanding of the communities served by LTCC, preferably based on experience.
This position requires participation on a board sub committee and subcommittee meeting attendance as well as regularly attending monthly meetings of the LTCC Board of Directors.
Additional responsibilities of this specific board member include:
- Actively participating in the regular update and/or adoption of a strategic plan
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as he/she implements the strategic plan Reviewing agendas and supporting materials prior to meetings.
- Reviewing and approving the annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assisting in identification and recruiting of new Board Members
- Representing LTCC appropriately with stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring the organization’s commitment to a diverse Board and staff that reflects the communities it serves.
If interested, please complete the following form and/or communicate with firstname.lastname@example.org
Get all the stories you need-to-know to stay connected and informed delivered directly to your inbox.